Updated: Jan 16, 2022
We're obsessing over these blondies that are perfect for a weekend bake!
175g unsalted butter
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
185g plain flour
140g packed dark browns sugar
35g chopped hazelnuts
1. Preheat over to 190°C. Line a square baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder in bowl.
3. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring often for 6 minutes or until fragrant and deep golden brown.
4. Transfer to a bowl, and let cool for 10 minutes.
5. Whisk in sugar and vanilla extract. Then, add in your eggs and whisk until blended.
6. Add the flour to the mixture and fold in your chopped hazelnuts. Make sure everything is incorporate fully and transfer to the prepared tray.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden or until a knife comes out the centre with only a few moist crumbs clinging. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool. Cut the blondies into 16 squares.