A great, easy recipe to use those Sunday Roast Left Overs!
LEFTOVER TURKEY, HAM & LEEK PIE
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4 )
1 onion (chopped0
2 large leeks (sliced)
200ml double cream
200ml chicken or turkey stock
500g leftover turkey (shredded or chopped) *TIP* You could use chicken!
200g cooked ham
10 button mushrooms
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
225g ready made puff pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Heat a large pan over a medium heat before adding a knob of butter.
3. Cook the onions until soft but not brown.
4. Cover with the cream and stock and then cook until the sauce starts to thicken. Add the turkey, ham, mushrooms and then season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Remove the pan from the heat.
6. Pour the filling into a ceramic pie dish. Roll out the pastry to make a lid for the pie. Press down the lid firmly and brush with the beaten egg.
7. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden-brown.