A delicious recipe, perfect for the season!
HOMEMADE APPLE CAKE
3 medium cooking apples
125g unsalted butter
85g light brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp all spice
225g plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1. Heat the oven to 190 fan. Butter and line a deep circular cake tin with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and all spice together. Add the butter and rub into the flour using your fingers, until the dough is like breadcrumbs.
3. Stir in the brown sugar. Beat in the egg followed by the milk and vanilla extract. Mix until you have a nice, smooth consistency.
4. Grate the apples and add in the mix to combine. Scrape the batter into the prepared tin and gently level out.
5. Bake for 40-45 mins or until golden and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool before serving with some homemade custard!