Celebrate the coming of spring with this Welsh lamb recipe! Perfect for Easter Sunday lunch served with seasonal vegetables and a heart gravy.
Leg of lamb weighing 2kg
1 garlic bulb
1 bunch rosemary
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 glass red wine
1.2l beef or lamb stock
TIP: Why not try on of our veg boxes which include carrots, onions and much more!
PREPARING THE LAMB
TIP: This can be done in advance!
1. Using a sharp pointed knife, make at least 20 small incisions all over the leg of lamb. Peel and thinly slice four cloves of garlic before pushing the slithers into each incision. Take some small sprigs of rosemary and push these into the incisions too.
2. If you've prepared your lamb in advance, take it out of the fridge an hour before roasting.
ROASTING THE LAMB
1. Heat your oven to 190ºC
2. Peel and cut your carrots and onion into large chunks
3. Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a large frying pan before searing your leg of lamb until it's brown all over TIP: Use your roasting tin if it's hob proof!
4. Put the carrots, onion, remaining garlic and rosemary into the centre of the roasting tin and pour in the red wine and the stock. Place the lamb on top of the vegetables before roasting for 1 hour 30 minutes.
5. Remove the lamb from the oven and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.