Looking for a warming recipe now that the weather has turned? This easy soup recipe is perfect for lunch with some crusty sourdough bread.
1 tbsp butter
1 butternut squash
1 sweet potato
2 red chillies
1ltr vegetable/ chicken stock
To garnish: Double cream, Chives (optional)
1. Prepare you vegetables. Peel and finely diced your onion, peel and roughly chop your butternut squash and sweet potato, de-seed and finely chop your chillis.
2. Heat the butter in a large pan before cooking the onions and chillies on a low heat until soft.
3. Add the butternut squash and sweet potato and cook for a further 10 minutes.
4. Add the stock and bring to the boil.
5. Lower the heat and leave to simmer until vegetables are soft.
6. Once vegetables are soft, turn off the heat before blending.
7. Season before serving, with a swirl of cream and a sprinkle of chives. Perfect with some crusty sourdough bread.