Looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe? This recipe is quick, healthy and delicious!
120g basmati rice
160g carrots1/2 grated and 1/2 sliced
2 cod fillets
2 garlic cloves
fresh ginger, grated
2 cardamon pods, bruised
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion
2 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
jar mango chutney
30g flaked almonds
1 tbsp garam masala
1 vegetable stock cube
1 cinnamon stick
handful fresh coriander
1. Using a slow cooker, place your basmati rice into the cooker with 300ml of water. Place the cardamon pods, coriander seeds, cinnamon stick, stock cube and garam masala into the cooker too and mix well. Place it on high and allow to cook for 2-3 hours, stirring after every hour.
2. Once your rice is nearly cooked, place your cod on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and season. Set the oven to 190 degrees and place the train in the oven for around 20 minutes.
3. In a pan, add some olive oil and place on a medium heat with the minced garlic, ginger and chopped onion for a few minutes until golden. Add the carrot to the pan and turn the heat down slightly. Mix together and leave for 5 minutes.
4. Once the rice is cooked, add it into the pan with the carrots and onion. Mix together and leave on the stove for an additional 5-7 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the flaked almonds in the pan, keeping some aside. Take the rice off the heat and dish up! Place the cod on top of the carrot pilaf and sprinkle some fresh coriander and the remaining flaked almonds.
6. Finish off with slicing your fresh lemon and adding more seasoning to taste with a spoonful of mango chutney!