Bodnant Cheese Selection
Enjoy our cheese range!
- Aberwen Cheese a white, buttery, lactic hard cheese with creamy rounded flavour. Cloth bound to develop rind and flavour during the aging process. Extremely versatile cheese melting well but also delicious with fresh crispy bread and good chutney. Pasteurised and suitable for vegetarians. Winner of a Gold award at the Royal Welsh Show 2017 & World Cheese Awards and British Cheese Awards 2013.
- Aberwen “Extra Mature” matured in our cheese room for an additional 2 to 3 months developing a strong, rich flavour with a firm, slightly crumbly texture and a satisfying gentle acidic note alongside a mellow sweetness.
- Abermwg Cheese a white hard cheese smoked over naturally fallen Welsh Beech with a rich smoky satisfying flavour. Great in cheeses sauces or grated over pasta dishes. Pasteurised and suitable for vegetarians. Winner of Gold award at the Royal Welsh Show 2017
- Abergoch Cheese a distinctive naturally coloured hard cheese with a creamy sweet flavour and firm texture with slight crumble, rind attractively marked by its cloth binding. A favourite with families and melts beautifully in toasties. Pasteurised and suitable for vegetarians. Great Taste Gold Star Winner 2017. Winner of a Silver award at the Royal Welsh Show 2017 & Silver award at the International Cheese Awards 2014
- Bodnant Traditional Welsh Caerphilly – made using the original Welsh recipe, it is a young fresh lactic tasting, white, cheese with a pale ivory rind and a texture that is dense, firm and crumbly. Pasteurised and suitable for vegetarians. Winner of a Gold award at the Royal Welsh Show 2017, 3 Gold Star award winner at the Great Taste Awards 2016, Bronze Award at the International Cheese Awards 2016 and Gold award at the Royal Welsh Show 2015.
5 x 180g wedges. Ingredients: Cow’s milk, salt, rennet.