Looking after the personal data you share with us is hugely important to us. We want you to be confident that your data is safe and secure with us and understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised shopping experience.
The data controller is Bodnant Welsh Food centre (referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”). We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
That’s why we’ve developed this policy which:
• sets out the types of personal data that we collect
• explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
• explains when and why we will share personal data and with other organisations; and
• explains the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data
We offer a wide range of products and services, so we want you to be clear about what this Policy covers.
This Policy applies to you if you use our services (referred to in this Policy as “our Services”). Using our Services means:
• shopping with us over the phone, or online or where this Policy is posted; or
• dining with us on site within the Restaurant or Tearoom
• staying with us on site within onsite Accommodation
• being a member of the Bodnant loyalty scheme
• hosting an event on site
This Policy also applies if you contact us or we contact you about our Services.
Personal Data we collect.
This section tells you what personal data we may collect from you when you use our Services and what other personal data we may receive from other sources.
When you register for our Services, you may provide us with:
• Your personal details, including your full name, postal and billing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and date of birth and title
• Information relating to your membership of the Bodnant loyalty scheme
When you shop with us online or browse our Website we may collect:
• Information about your online purchases (for example, what you have bought, when and where you bought it and how you paid for it)
• Information about your online browsing behaviour on our Website
• Information about any devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers)
When you shop with us, use your Bodnant Loyalty card to shop with us, or use Bodnant vouchers, we may collect:
• Transaction information, including the in-store purchases you earn loyalty points for and how you use your Loyalty card redemptions.
• Guest stay information, including your full name, email address, phone numbers, title, arrival and departure dates, goods purchased and any special requests.
• Diner information, including full name, email address, phone numbers, title, special requests and dietary information.
• Event hosting information including full name, email address, phone numbers, title, special requests, dietary information.
When you contact us or we contact you or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about our Services, we may collect:
• Personal data you provide about yourself anytime you contact us about our Services (for example, your name and contact details), including by phone, email or post or when you speak with us through social media
• Details of the emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on
• Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires
How and why we use personal data.
This section explains in detail how and why we use personal data.
Make our Services available to you
• Manage the accounts you hold with us, including your loyalty account
• Process your orders and refunds
Why do we process your personal data in this way? We need to process your personal data so that we can manage your customer accounts, provide you with the goods and services you want to buy and help you with any orders and refunds you may ask for.
Manage and improve our day-to-day operations
• Manage and improve our Website
• Help to develop and improve our product range, services, stores, information technology systems, know-how and the way we communicate with you.
Why do we process your personal data in this way? We rely on the use of personal data to carry out market research and internal research and development, and to improve our information technology systems (including security) and our product range, services and stores. This allows us to serve you better as a customer.
• Detect and prevent fraud or other crime
Why do we process your personal data in this way? It is important for us to monitor how our Services are used to detect and prevent fraud, other crimes and the misuse of services. This helps us to make sure that you can safely use our Services.
Personalise your experience
• Use your online browsing behaviour as well as your in-store and online purchases (including loyalty card transactions) to help us better understand you as a customer and provide you with personalised offers and services.
Why do we process your personal data in this way? Looking at your browsing behaviour and purchases allows us to personalise our offers and services for you. This helps us meet your needs as a customer.
• Provide you with relevant marketing communications (including by email, post) relating to our products and services.
Why do we process your personal data in this way? We want to ensure that we provide you with marketing communications, that are relevant to your interests. To achieve this we also measure your responses to marketing communications relating to products and services we offer, which also means we can offer you products and services that better meet your needs as a customer. You can change your marketing choices, both when you register with us, and at any time after that.
Contact and interact with you
• Contact you about our Services, for example by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us.
Why do we process your personal data in this way? We want to serve you better as a customer so we use personal data to provide clarification or assistance in response to your communications
• Manage promotions and competitions you take part in
Why do we process your personal data in this way? We need to process your personal data so that we can manage the promotions and competitions you choose to enter.
• Invite you to take part in and manage customer surveys, questionnaires and other market research activities carried out by us.
Why do we process your personal data in this way? We carry out market research to improve our Services. However, if we contact you about this, you do not have to take part in the activities. If you tell us that you do not want us to contact you for market research, we will respect this choice.
Sharing personal data with other organisations
This section explains how and why we share personal data with other organisations.
We may share personal data with other organisations in the following circumstances:
• if the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data;
• if we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk);
• to an organisation we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you to. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organisation receiving your personal data can use your personal data in the same way as us; or to any other successors in title to our business.
How we protect personal data
We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal data. This section sets out some of the measures we have in place.
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe. We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
• We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
• We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data. We may occasionally ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you.
• We will reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming an order.
However, whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us.
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by companies operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers. We will put in place appropriate protection to make sure your personal data remains adequately protected and is treated in line with this Policy.
Marketing & Marketing research
This section explains the choices you have when it comes to receiving marketing communications and taking part in market research.
We will send you relevant offers and news about our products, services and events in a number of ways including by email, but only if you have previously agreed to receive these marketing communications. When you register with us we will ask if you would like to receive marketing communications, and you can change your marketing choices online, over the phone or in writing at any time.
We also like to hear your views to help us to improve our Services, so we may contact you for market research purposes. You always have the choice about whether to take part in our market research.
Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies are small data files that allow a website to collect and store a range of data on your desktop computer, laptop or mobile device.
Improve the way our website works
Cookies allow us to improve the way our Website works so that we can personalise your experience and allow you to use many of their useful features.
Improve the performance of our Website
Cookies can help us to understand how our Website is being used, for example, by telling us if you get an error messages as you browse.
Measuring the effectiveness of our marketing communications
Your choices when it comes to Cookies. You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new Cookies are placed on your computer or other device.
If you choose to disable some or all Cookies, you may not be able to make full use of our Websites. For example, you may not be able to add items to your shopping basket, proceed to checkout, or use any of our products and services that require you to sign in.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend you use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to see the personal data we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the personal data we hold about you, please write to:
Data Protection Officer, Bodnant Welsh Food Centre, Furnace Farm, Tal Y Cafn, Conwy, LL28 5RP
We want to make sure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If any of the details are incorrect, please let us know and we will amend them.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data please contact us
Write to us at
Data Protection Officer, Bodnant Welsh Food Centre, Furnace Farm, Tal Y Cafn, Conwy, LL28 5RP